Hello OurEcoLifestyles 🙂
Sinds August 15, 2017, i am following a “Plant-based diet”. I feel, that if i promote (and work) a sustainable lifestyle, animal products do not fit 100% in my way of living.
It is true, that we are used to use animal products in our diet sind our young age, but it can be changed and specially if you really belive in why are you doing it, why are you choosing a more sustainable way of living. It is also true, that if i go once a year to my parents in Dominican Republic, and my mom wants to prepair her amazing “Pastelon” or “Quipes”, i will for sure enjoy it with them. What i am NOT going to do, is to CHOOSE consume meet, milk, eggs or fish, i am surrounded of other delicius and healty substitutes… and every single day.
There are many options outside waiting for you, but even better, it is also possible to do in a ZeroWaste way… and foy sure i did it! 😀
A “Plant-based diet” is not bored at all, the opposite, i obly me to learn new flavors everytime i go shopping.
Do i miss something? to be honest, sometimes i do, but it stimulate my creativity and drives me to experiment in the kitchen, and it is the result 😀
– 160g. wheat flour (harina de trigo)
– 250g. Sugar (azúcar blanca)
– 100ml. Plant-based oil (aceite vegetal)
– 60g. cacao (cocoa)
– 1 y 1/2 Teaspoonful of baking powder (cditas. polvo para hornear)
– 2 teaspoonful cornstarch ( cucharaditas de fécula de maíz)
– 2 teaspoonful of chia seeds in 125ml of water to make a gel (2cdas. chía remojadas en 125ml de agua a temperatura ambiente)
– 120ml. almond milk (leche almendras)
– 100ml. warm water (agua caliente)
– A pinch of salt and cinnamon (una pizca de sal y una de canela)
-1/4 cup of black chocolate chips (taza chips de chocolate negro)
How to start?
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Oil your pan with a thin layer of plant-based oil. Dust with flour and tap out the excess
- Mix using a low speed the oil and the sugar.
- Introduce the Chia gel (the 2 spoons of Chia seeds in 125ml water for 20minutes) and carefully mix.
- Mix together, in another container, all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon and salt, using a spoon until combined.
- Spoon by spoon start adding the mix of all the dry ingredients to your oil and sugar mixture while you are mixing in a low speed.
- Add little by little the almond milk to keep the mixture moisturized.
- When everything is mixed, add the 100ml of warm water and mix it for one minute again.
- Pour the mixture in the oiled pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips (and sliced almonds if you prefer).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the cake meets the toothpick test (stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean).
- Cool on wire racks for 15 minutes and then turn out the cakes onto the racks and allow to cool completely.
- Add your favorite fruits as topping or… extra chocolate pieces? 😀 And…